Would you like to recover or earn high school credit this summer?
Credit Recovery: Patton High School, June 13- August 5, 2016
- Students are expected to complete/recover a course within a consecutive four-week time period.
- Credit Recovery sessions run Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at Patton High School.
- Credit Recovery sessions start on Mondays; there are three dates to choose to start a four-week session.
- Session 1: June 13
- Session 2: June 20
- Session 3: July 11
- Patton High School is CLOSED the week of July 4.
- There is no charge for Credit Recovery.
- There is a Summer School Credit Recovery Form. The form can be downloaded from the Online Learning Forms section or picked up from the school Guidance Counselor.
- Form deadline: Students must submit their form the Wednesday before the Monday session start.
First Time Course Information: Dates vary based on Vendor chosen. See Vendor section for dates.
Please note that Burke County Public Schools has determined that End-of-Course Exam (EOC) courses and English courses may not be taken for the first time in the summer.
Guidelines and Procedures:
You must be a rising Freshman, rising Sophomore, rising Junior, or rising Senior.
The sooner you submit your application, the better chance you have to get into the particular course(s) that you wish to take.
You must check-in with the summer e-Learning Advisor (ELA), Mrs. Stephanie Eggers, on or before your course start date to confirm your course log-in information.
You must check-in with Mrs. Eggers on a weekly basis through August 5 to help ensure success in your online course. Mrs. Eggers will be at Patton High School Monday-Thursday, June 13 - August 5, excluding the week of July 4.
Tuition is $350 per course (out-of-county student tuition is $450). Tuition, along with the Online Learning Application and Parent Student Contract, must be submitted to the guidance counselor before you can be registered for the course. Make checks payable to BCPS.
No more than two courses may be taken during the summer session.
If the course you want to take requires a textbook that we have on-hand, we will provide you with a textbook. If not, you will need to purchase the textbook for the course.
It is required that you have Internet access at home or another location in order to take an online course.
It is highly recommended that if you have not had an online course, Success 101 would be a great elective course for you to begin your online adventure.
You will earn high school credit and this credit will count in GPA and rank.
Online providers estimate that each course requires a commitment of 4 (four) hours per day, five days a week.
NOTE: Middle school students (including rising ninth graders) may take Success 101, Science, Social Studies, Math, and Foreign Language courses only.
NCVPS Online Courses: NCVPS Summer Course List 2016.
- NCVPS courses are 8 weeks.
- Courses start June 20 and end August 12.
- Students will need to get course log-in information from the Guidance Counselor or ELA before June 13.
APEX AP Online Courses: AP Psychology, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP US Government & Politics
- APEX Summer Courses are 9 weeks
- Students have two starting options; you must turn in the Online Learning Application and Parent Student Contract by the 'Enroll by' date listed below.
- Log-in information is emailed directly to the student by the online teacher.
Enroll by - Start on - End on
June 7 - Jun 13 - Aug 12
June 14 - Jun 20 - Aug 19