The Parent Assistant Module of NC WISE allows parents to access student information via any Internet connection. Parent Assistant uses web access to serve the family and improve the effectiveness of the communication between teachers and parents. Using the Parent Assistant Module (PAM) is totally voluntary. This software does not take the place of direct contact with teachers and staff at the school who work with your child each day.
Key Benefits of Parent Assistant are:
- Increased Home-School Communication
- Increased Parent Involvement
- Real-time Student Progress Reporting (7 days a week, 24 hours a day)
- Language choices (English, French, Spanish)
You will be able to view the following types of data on your child:
- Demographics (Depending on custody or living with status)
- Emergency Contacts (Depending on custody or living with status)
- Assessments (Not entered for Grades PK-2)
- Credits Earned To Date (Not entered for Grades PK-8)
- Current Progress (Not entered for Grades PK-2)
- Marks/Grades (Not entered for Grades PK-2)
- Non-School Days
- Student Schedule
CUSTODIAL PARENTS/LIVING WITH STUDENT
Parent Assistant gives custodial parents the ability to request changes online for certain Demographic and Emergency Contact information for their children. If you are the custodial parent and live at the same address as your child/children, you will need only one User ID and Password to access the data on your child/children. In order to receive a Parent Assistant User ID and Password you will need to do the following:
1. Have one of the following CURRENT VALID PICTURE IDs:
a. NC Driver License
b. DMV Picture ID
c. Credit Union Picture ID
2. Take this current valid picture ID to the Parent Assistant training at the school.
3. The person you speak with will use your ID to validate the data against the data on your child in NC WISE and if it is valid they will give you a document for you to sign that contains your Parent Assistant User ID and Password.
Instructions on how to use Parent Assistant can be downloaded from this site by clicking on the link for the page titled PARENT ASSISTANT FILES FOR PARENTS. This page will include a video file you can view as well as a file containing instructions you can download.
Non-Custodial parents/Not Living With Student
If you are not the custodial parent or you do not live at the same address as your child you will complete the same steps above (steps 1 through 3). You will receive a separate User ID and Password for each of your children. Non-Custodial parents do not have access to demographic or emergency data on their children.