PowerSchool's Parent Portal allows parents to access student information via any Internet connection. The Parent Portal uses web access to serve the family and improve the effectiveness of the communication between teachers and parents. Using the Parent Portal is totally voluntary. This software does not take the place of direct contact with teachers and staff at the school who work with your child each day.
Key Benefits of Parent Assistant are:
- Increased Home-School Communication
- Increased Parent Involvement
- Real-time Student Progress Reporting (7 days a week, 24 hours a day)
You will be able to view the following types of data on your child:
- Demographics (Depending on custody or living with status)
- Emergency Contacts (Depending on custody or living with status)
- Assessments (Not entered for Grades PK-2)
- Credits Earned To Date (Not entered for Grades PK-8)
- Current Progress (Not entered for Grades PK-2)
- Marks/Grades (Not entered for Grades PK-2)
- Non-School Days
- Student Schedule
PowerSchool's Parent Portal gives parents/guardians who have some type of custody the ability to request changes online for certain Demographic and Emergency Contact information for their children. In order to receive access to the PowerSchool Parent Portal, you must have legal custody of your child. Step parents are not considered legal custodians unless legal guardianship has been granted in a court of law. Only legal custodial parents and guardians will be granted access to the Parent Portal due to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
You will need only one Access ID and Password to access the data on your child/children. In order to receive an Access ID and Password you will need to do the following:
- Print and sign the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
- Have one of the following CURRENT VALID PICTURE IDs:
Please take these two items to the data manager, or other designated personnel, at one of the schools that any of your children currently attend.
The person you speak with will use your ID to validate the data against the data on your child in PowerSchool and if it is valid, they will supply you with your Parent Portal Access ID and Password, along with directions for accessing the Parent Portal.
- NC Driver License
- DMV Picture ID
- Credit Union Picture ID