The Career and Technical Pathways provide tuition-free college course credits at a North Carolina Community College toward a credential, cerficiate, or diploma in a technical career. These are aligned with high school Career Clusters.
To be eligible for enrollment, a high school student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a high school junior or senior AND
- Have a weighted GPA of 3.0 on high school courses OR have the recommendation of the high school principal or his/her designee with a weighted GPA of 2.5 to 2.9 AND
- Meet the prerequisites for the career pathway.
To maintain this eligibility for continued enrollment, a student must:
- Continue to make progress toward high school graduation, AND
- Maintain a 2.0 in college coursework after completing two courses.
A student must enroll in one program of study and may not substitute courses in one program for another. The student may change his or her program of study major (once a year) with the approval of the high school principal or his/her designee and the college's Director of Enrollment Management. The student may, with the approval of the high school principal or his/her designee and the College's Director of Enrollment Management, enroll in BOTH a Core 44 College Transfer Pathway program of study and a Career Technical program of study.
Career Technical Education Pathway Programs of Study at WPCC
- Computer Information Technology--Microsoft Office
- Criminal Justice Technology--Correctional Technology
- Digital Effects and Animation Technology
- Early Care and Education
- General Accounting
- General Business
- Interpreter Education
- Introduction to Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Office Administration/General Office Certificate
- Paralegal Technology-General Law Office
- Simulation and Game Development