The Core 44 College Transfer Pathways provide up to 34 hours of tuition-free course credits toward the Core 44. This is an agreed-upon 44 hours of college credits that will transfer seamlessly to any NC public or participating private college or university. (Please read more about the "Core 44" by clicking on the Core 44 button on the left.) This saves successful students time and money in pursuing four-year degrees.
To be eligible for enrollment, a high school student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a high school junior or senior AND
- Have a weighted GPA of 3.0 on high school courses AND
- Demonstrate college readiness on an approved assessment or placement test. A student must demonstrate college readiness in English, reading, and mathematics to be eligible for enrollment in a Core 44 College Transfer pathway. (Please review the approved assessments and placement tests and scores under the Placement Tests link on the left menu bar.)
To maintain this eligibility for continued enrollment, a student must:
- Continue to make progress toward high school graduation, AND
- Maintain a 2.0 in college coursework after completing two courses.
A student must enroll in one Core 44 College Transfer Pathway program of study and may not substitute courses in one program for courses in another.
A student may change his or her program of study with approval of the high school principal or his/her designee and the college’s chief student development administrator.
With approval of the high school principal or his/her designee and the college’s chief student development administrator, a student who completes a Core 44 College Transfer Pathway while still enrolled in high school may continue to earn college transfer credits leading to the completion of the 44-hour general education transfer core.
Core 44 Transfer Pathway Programs at WPCC
- Business and Economics
- Engineering and Mathematics
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Life and Health Sciences