Please use this information and check sheet to help you enroll in a Career and College Promise program with Western Piedmont Community College. Your high school counselor will assist you in this process. (A list of high school counselors can be found on the Counselors tab on the left.)
How to Enroll in CCP (Career and College Promise):
1. Talk with your high school counselor about enrolling in a Pathway (Career and Technical OR Core 44 College Transfer).
Also, program representatives will be at the Open Houses at each school to answer questions about CCP as well:
Patton High School--Thursday, February 23rd from 5:30 p.m. -7:00 p.m.
Freedom High School--Tuesday, February 28th from 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
East Burke High School--Thursday, March 1st from 3:15 p.m.-6:15 p.m.
Hallyburton Academy--Tuesday, March 13th at 9:00 a.m.
Draughn High School--Thursday, March 15th from 4:00 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
2. Complete a Western Piedmont Community College application (http://www.wpcc.edu/uploads/file/pdfs/AdmissionApplication.pdf). Please complete this by April 20th, 2012.
3. Schedule a Placement Test with Western Piedmont Community College IF your scores from other tests cannot be used. (Please check the scores by clicking on the Placement Tests tab on the left.) The Placement Test office can be reached at 828.448.6052 or 828.448.6046 to schedule your test appointment. These additional rules apply:
- Submit your college application prior to scheduling a testing appointment.
- Call 448-6052 or 448-6046 to schedule an appointment for the next available test date.
- Seating is limited, so please call at your earliest opportunity to schedule your appointment.
- Check in at Student Services in Hildebrand Hall at least 30 minutes before test time.
- Present a photo ID.
- Allow 2-3 hours to complete the testing process.
- You will receive your test results at the conclusion of the test.
For additional information about placement testing, please review WPCC's website at http://wpcc.edu/current_students.php?cat=268.
4. Complete a CCP program form with your high school counselor. (Word and .PDF versions can be found below.)
CCP Form Word Version
CCP Form PDF Version
5. Attend CCP Registration on: