Apex has two venues:
1) The Apex Learning Virtual School (ALVS) are paid-for-courses for first time credit and require the complete online application process. The school pays for these courses during the academic school year. 2) The Virtual School/ClassTools Virtual are used to supplement current or previously taken courses. These courses are frequently used for credit recovery and do not require the complete online application process for enrollment. The school pays for these courses during the academic school year AND summer school.
1) Apex Learning Virtual School (ALVS)
Approved Courses (semester length):
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Microeconomics
- Students are REQUIRED to take the AP Exam associated with their course.
- AP Exam information can be found at The College Board AP Central
Apex Start/End Dates:
- Start (and end) dates for ALVS courses vary but always start on a Monday.
- Please know your course start/end date.
- Enrollments take place the Wednesday before the Monday start.
- Prior to the course start date, STUDENTS will receive their login information via the email address provided on the application.
These files can be accessed from the Main Site, Support, and then the Quick Links box:
Student Course Access: http://alhs.apexvs.com
2) Apex Virtual School/ClassTools Virtual
- Courses are selected based on student academic plan. Guidance Counselors, please use the Course Catalog to determine which course best aligns with the student's transcript for credit recovery.
- Apex Virtual School/ClassTools Virtual courses are available as soon as the students are enrolled in them through PowerSchool and the ELA is notified which course to enroll the student.
- The school ELA will provide the student with their login name and password during the scheduled class period.
- Students must take their Credit Recovery course during the regular school day.